23 Nov, 2008, Ssolvarain wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
You've probably all seen posts like this one, so I'll be brief and let you decide.

I've a group of friends who have been working on ideas for a MUD. The problem, as with a lot of good ideas that never get off the ground, is that we have no coder. Now, I'm not looking for a coder, exactly. Not to hire one to code for us, but rather, to help me/us through code problems. Compiler errors, obviously screwed up code, and the occasional plainly-apparent typo. I'm at least willing to work at learning. I'm unfortunately unable to learn from books very well, but I do have a rudimentary idea of how to read and write code.

In summary, I'm willing to work on learn as best as I can on my own, but need to ask questions occasionally that will have obvious answers to a studied programmer. Is anyone willing to help me out, so I won't flood the forum with repeated questions?
23 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 2nd comment:
Tell you the truth, that's what this place is here for. Flood all you like.
23 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
Many of us actually prefer to answer questions in public so that everybody can benefit from it. I will spend far more time on questions here than I would with anybody who emailed me directly (assuming I didn't know them well already or something like that).
23 Nov, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
Bring it on.
23 Nov, 2008, Ssolvarain wrote in the 5th comment:
Fair enough, thanks.

I think I'll start my own thread with my own issues, so there's not multiple threads started and clogging things up.

Thanks again :)
23 Nov, 2008, elanthis wrote in the 6th comment:
I second (fourth?) the notion to just post it publicly. If you've got a question, someone else has the same question, so it might as well be answered where everybody can see it and Google can find it.
0.0/6