06 Nov, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
hey zenn, thanks for telling us about geneforge, i got 1 2 3 and 4 and they're all great. i personally prefer 4 so far though. i'm about halfway through it after 3 or 4 days of playing it constantly but i'm sure i've missed tons of side quests. definately worth the money. i think this is gonna be one of my new favorite games. i was a little skeptical when i saw that the graphics are only slightly better than the original nintendo games but was very pleasantly surprised by the gameplay. everybody who looks at it and says "nah i'll stick with Diablo 2" should really give this a try, you'll be surprised.
12 Nov, 2008, Guest wrote in the 22nd comment:
Zenn said:
WHY MAC FIRST!?!?!?!!! =(

At this point.. does anybody know of an emulator that lets me run Mac programs on Windows?

I'm sure the Mac users who are irritated that they don't get anything at all are quite happy to see anything be released for them first :)
12 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 23rd comment:
Yeah, give the poor Mac people a break. For once, they don't have to reboot to their vista partition, or drag out vmware to run something. *grin*
13 Nov, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 24th comment:
Asylumius said:
Back "in the day" I used to play a lot of Diablo and Diablo II. I really liked the style of play and even today, prefer it to games like WoW and some of the other bigger, badder, prettier MMORPGs.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for graphical RPGs that run NATIVELY in Linux? I'm looking for something with a Diablo-esq "feel" that will run natively under Linux on pretty new hardware. Multiplayer would be good. Something that's actively being supported / patched / monitored would be good too, versus defunct projects.

Wine doesn't interested me, and nor do any of the other solutions for playing Windows games on Linux. I realize that's an option, but I'll pass.

Dunno how good it is, but here's this:
http://www.s2games.com/savage/downloads....
13 Nov, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 25th comment:
Neverwinter Nights and the expansions for it run natively on Linux. It is a bit slower than on Windows but it runs fine as long as your system isn't ancient. I would imagine NWN II would run on Linux as well (That is a guess) although the minimum specifications are a bit higher.
13 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 26th comment:
Is there a windows program that emulates Macs?

Dear god, did I just ask that question?
13 Nov, 2008, Kelvin wrote in the 27th comment:
Avaeryn said:
Dunno how good it is, but here's this:
http://www.s2games.com/savage/downloads....

Savage is pretty fun, it's an interesting FPS/RTS hybrid. Resembles Empires Mod for HL2, or that alien mod for HL1.
13 Nov, 2008, Conner wrote in the 28th comment:
Zenn said:
Is there a windows program that emulates Macs?

Dear god, did I just ask that question?

Yup, you did, for the second time in this thread, be patient, if someone knows the answer they'll get back to you on it. :wink:
13 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 29th comment:
Actually I think he was expressing surprise at asking for such an outlandish thing, having forgotten that he had in fact already asked the question. :wink:
14 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 30th comment:
Yes, I had forgotten that I had already asked it. Lol.
26 Mar, 2009, Zenn wrote in the 31st comment:
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/genefor...

Geneforge Five has been released. Demo is 1/3 of the actual game, which is HUGE!

Can't wait to play it.
26 Mar, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 32nd comment:
OOOh I'm on it, thanks for the heads up Zenn
20.0/32