06 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
For MOVIES and GAMES, what YOU think are the best soundtracks of all time? List a few of each, with links if possible.

Movies:

My two favorites were really competing with each other there. It was difficult to pick :P

1) Star Trek: First Contact

2) Air Force One

Games:

1) Medal of Honorseries. Wins hands down. Really, truly, beautiful music. Especially European Assault's main theme;

2) For me, the entire Ace Combat series comes in at a close second. There's no one piece from that that I believe is the best, but here's one of the more interesting ones;
06 Nov, 2008, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:

Not really a movie, but it does have some of these songs on a game–My favorite album currently is Macross F's Original Soundtrack. Here's a few goodies.

Private Army

Vital Force

It has some nice vocal songs too. Here's my favorite (hope you can understand at least a little Japanese. ;))

Triangular

Infinity

Aimo
06 Nov, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
Some of my favorites per genre-

MMO: FFXI

RPG: Chrono Trigger

Fighting: Guilty Gear

Mech: MechWarrior 2

Action: MGS

Platformer: Sonic
06 Nov, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 4th comment:
06 Nov, 2008, Tyche wrote in the 5th comment:
The "Sound of Music" movie soundtrack would be the best of all time.
Sorry… best an old fart could come up with. ;-P
06 Nov, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
I don't have the patience to find examples of these… Uh…

Games by Genre -
MMO: FFXI Soundtrack (Yes, the whole thing)
Shooters: Halo 2: Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin (From the fight with Tartarus) And Steve Vai's - Halo 2: The Mjolnir Mix
RPG: Toss up between FF7 and FF12. They both had good soundtracks.
Fighting: Like Zeno, I took like the Guilty Gear soundtrack, but I'm also quite partial to the DOA series soundtracks.
Flight Sims: the Ace Combat Series always has good ones.
Action: Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden 2 (XBox/XBox360 releases, not NES etc.)

Overall though, I think my favorite game soundtrack would have to be the Legacy of Kain series.

Movies.. Hmm. That's more difficult.
Queen of the Damned had a decent line up.
I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks as well.
Movies are difficult….
Oh, the Transporter movies had good ones too.

But that's all I can think of right now..

P.S. Crat, that was one weird ass video. :P
06 Nov, 2008, tphegley wrote in the 7th comment:
I will always be a fanboy of the legend of Zelda series. I loved their music.

For movies, I really enjoy Lord of the Rings soundtrack. I love the orchestra music.
06 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Holy crap. I'm going to have to find my MW2 discs and hope they still work… Those songs gave me a total blast from the past. It's amazing that I can still almost hum along to many of them. :smile: Those video clips don't look like they're all from MW2 though.

And yes, the LotR soundtrack is the awesomeness.

I liked the Quest for Glory aka Hero's Quest soundtrack, Zelda as well. I quite like the Morrowind/Oblivion soundtracks as well, especially the opening theme to Oblivion (a faster, modified version of Morrowind's). There are more that I like that I'm not thinking of right now… And of course, my fondness for the music might not be due to the music's intrinsic qualities.
06 Nov, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 9th comment:
Damn, now I gotta find my MW2 disc too. :P

I think it can work on XP with some tweaks:
http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?a...

Wonder if there are any online play hacks.
06 Nov, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 10th comment:
My favorite movie soundtrack was….the labyrinth! Dance, magic dance! Jump, magic jump!

And as far as video games go…Terranigma, hands down. It is also probably my all time favorite console rpg.

06 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 11th comment:
Hmm I never did try out MW3 – is it any good?

Unfortunately I don't have my badass sidewinder joystick anymore… I think that one's with my parents somewhere, and I have one of the inferior models. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the better joystick could even be plugged into my computer… don't remember if it's USB.
06 Nov, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 12th comment:
So few people had the pleasure of playing Terranigma. I thoroughly enjoyed that game.
06 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
And oh dude… Bowie ftw. 80's ftw. That video is awesome on so many levels. :lol:

I do kind of wonder if that baby was traumatized by being surrounded by all those monsters…
06 Nov, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 14th comment:
Never beat Terranigma, but got pretty far.
06 Nov, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 15th comment:
@David

I bet he was! I'm going to see if I can find out who he is…probably turned out like Macaulay Culkin.

Thanks to this thread, I'm going to play Terranigma all over again!
06 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 16th comment:
I still think MoH is great :D

But, for movies, I forgot about this one. This one actually takes place in second, and Air Force One is third;

We Were Soldiers.
06 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 17th comment:
I'm seeing a remarkably strong trend in Zenn's music preferences… :wink:
07 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 18th comment:
I've been trying to think of what makes a good soundtrack. Lots of movies and games have good songs, but that's not a soundtrack. While there are plenty of good ones, I have to give a nod to one of the recent musicals that, of course, drew a lot of heat from the moral minority.

I'm speaking, of course, of South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. :)

Obviously, if you, your boss, your child, your cat, are easily offended, don't bother watching it.

07 Nov, 2008, Sandi wrote in the 19th comment:
hmmm…

Tyche and I should start our own thread. :rolleyes:

"Sound of Music" is hard to beat. Though, I think I listened to "West Side Story" a bit more… does Broadway count?

Then… there was "Woodstock".

My personal favorite is the music from "The Secret of Roan Inish".
07 Nov, 2008, Scandum wrote in the 20th comment:
First thing that comes to mind for me is the Terminator 2 theme song.

0.0/34