22 Oct, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
First off, the mud is not open, and needs a lot of building still. The code (which I've spent years off and on hacking apart), is good enough for release right now, if the content ever gets finished. I'm perpetually altering the code, and there are always some sections I'm not happy with, but if the content was fully in, I'd feel comfortable opening it up right this second.

The basic outline of the world…roughly equivalent to a late Roman Empire/early Dark Ages setting, with a few hedges either way. Magic is very, very, VERY limited, constrainted to a scant few forms of ritual magic (to put it simply, there ain't no 'cast' command), and there are consequences to monkeying with the fabric of reality. There are no formal gods/pantheon/etc. Humans only ('races' are a wide variety of various nationalities/tribes in this game - no specific racial bonuses, just flavor/RP fluff). The world itself is based ROUGHLY off of a table top game we played for years awhile back.

The system is roughly based on the d20 ruleset, with both skills and feats included. Originally the codebase was ROM 2.4, but a bazillion years of utterly rebuilding the code, it's its own monster now. Combat was rewritten from scratch, and is meant to be a slower paced system, albeit a wee bit more lethal despite the slower pace. The underlying 'type' of MUD focuses on exactly one thing - roleplaying.

The simple thing, which I'm sure is a common theme…I love coding, I daresay I'm quite good at it, but cannot stand building. A few things here and there are just peachy, but it gets old rapidly for me. Which brings me here.

Basically if you…

- Are mature and have an excellent grasp of the English language.
- Enjoy building.
- Can pick up the extra oddities of the system (it's OLC, but there's many extra things I've added).
- Are creative, and like making spiffy, exciting, non-generic stuff.
- Oh yeah. Be mature and have an excellent grasp of the English language.

I'd like to yap with you. One good dedicated builder would be good, two would be better, three would be a freakin' godsend. If you have any questions, please drop me a line. Cheers.
23 Oct, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 2nd comment:
No, but I think I now have to add a mob named Conner somewhere in the world, set up with a bunch of scripts to randomly yap about the differences in Amarian dialects. *grins*
23 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
:lol: Go for it! :smile:
23 Oct, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 4th comment:
…at the bottom of the ocean.
23 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
Aww, I love you too. :tongue:
23 Oct, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
It looks like the rest of the thread's posts ended up with Conner at the bottom of the ocean… :rolleyes:
23 Oct, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 7th comment:
My precious precious tangent!
23 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
DavidHaley said:
It looks like the rest of the thread's posts ended up with Conner at the bottom of the ocean… :rolleyes:

See what it gets you to be the first to respond to a thread (on topic) and even give an endorsement of the advert? :wink: :tongue:
25 Oct, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 9th comment:
By the by, I do find it quite ironic that the only interested person to respond to my posting failed miserably on the whole 'grasp of the English language' thing.
25 Oct, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 10th comment:
Perhaps a helpful rules poster?

Yes, I love engrish.com<.... :)
27 Oct, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 11th comment:
I've got plenty of inside jokes in the stuff I've already built as it is. :)
04 Dec, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 12th comment:
And a small update / moderately shameless bump…

Things *are* progressing, we're pushing our way through things (and added a few more pieces of automation to make the ultra tedious parts of building easier - our new motto is "Working Hard So We Can Be Lazy"). I even got around to one of the worst things ever: the helpfiles have been rewritten and stylized, which will forever change the way people don't read help files.

Still could use another slav *cough* builder / creative mind to kick around fresh ideas with. A free ham* will be given to whoever joins the team!

*hams may or may not exist
04 Dec, 2008, Dean wrote in the 13th comment:
Hmm, ham. Oh wait, small print, no!? I shouldn't of got my reading glasses. -weeps for the ham-
04 Dec, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 14th comment:
There…could be ham!

Warning: There is no ham.
05 Dec, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 15th comment:
Andrik said:
There…could be ham!

Warning: There is no ham.

Is there turkey? Or, better yet, filet mignon or prime rib?
05 Dec, 2008, Andrik wrote in the 16th comment:
> eat meat
You eat a cut of unidentifiable, fatty meat.

….it COULD be filet!
0.0/16