22 Oct, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
22 Oct, 2008, Vassi wrote in the 2nd comment:

As much as I hate Mythic for how they canned us over at Darkness Falls: Crusade I still feel a little pride that we helped them iron out their systems into what would become DaoC and now Warhammer. Rather ego-centric of me, but there it is. There is no doubt in my mind about how influential they've been in the MMO space, even if most people wouldn't realize it. it's funny to think about how those dinky little features of DFC became such a big deal (Siege engines, for instance, are only just now making it into WoW). Obviously the limitations of the graphical space are something that MUDs do not have to worry about in the slightest, but still.
22 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
Here's the original article at Massively: http://www.massively.com/2008/10/20/toda...
22 Oct, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
The Slashdot article links to the article at Massively. :)
22 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
That's true, but not everyone follows links within linked articles, and I wanted to share the original article too. :wink:
22 Oct, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 6th comment:
The RaM codebase, to celebrate the 30 year mark, will be replacing the standard Mud School with a Mud Living Centre. Instead of newbie gear, you will be armed with walkers and TV remotes. Every resident (formerly known as players) will receive a full supply of jello, and several mysterious pills. The rabbits wandering the arena will be replaced by Punk Kids running on your lawn.

We hope this will bring the codebase into sync with the Modern Era of MUD development, and hope to see you in game… provided you show up before Sanford and Son is on.
22 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Alrighty then, Quix! :lol:
0.0/7