01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
alright i just downloaded and installed andLinux but whenever i try to open the Konsole it says could not launch 'Konsole': could not connect to 192.168.11.150:81 why is it trying to connect to anything? i thought this was all offline. also, i am connected to the internet but it still gives me this message. please help.
01 Oct, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
make sure that any firewall you are running is not interferring with it
01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
i dont even know how to mess with the firewall, i'm using windows vista and i guess im using the vista firewall, i've never installed one on this computer so i know nothing of it. and why would it interfere with an offline program?
01 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 4th comment:
Open the andlinux console FLTK and tell me if your at a login prompt. If there is no login prompt, andlinux has not finished starting. If its taking 10 or 15 minutes to start, you need to add an exception to your anti virus software so it does not scan *.drv

01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
all i get is a black box and a white box below it that says Cooperative Linux console started and nothing else happens. i don't have any antivirus programs running, none of mine have been registered.

[edit]i went to control panel/security and turned off the windows firewall but still get nothing from andLinux
01 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 6th comment:
Does it look like the above image i uploaded? if not it has not started. Did you make it run as a service during install? If so reboot the computer and wait for it to start.
01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 7th comment:
nope doesn't look like that. i don't even remember seeing an option to "run as a service" during the install. i remember seeing the option to run as command prompt and i selected that.
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 8th comment:
Igabod said:
nope doesn't look like that. i don't even remember seeing an option to "run as a service" during the install. i remember seeing the option to run as command prompt and i selected that.

In that case you need to reboot your computer if you haven't already and go to start/andLinux/Start andLinux
01 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 9th comment:
So you click on the start icon, and wait for it to start, it should take about 40 or 50 seconds on a fairly fast machine. The start command prompt will minimize after a few seconds. Once that's happened open up FLTK and watch the boot sequence, once it looks like above you can start applications.

Also note, that if your computer is somewhat older and you do not have lots of ram, it is going to take a little while longer to start.

Also go into control panel and look in networking to see that the TAP connection is there and it configured right.
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 10th comment:
I find myself wondering if you have read the F.A.Q or browsed the forums and wiki at the andLinux site.
01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 11th comment:
ok now i've got the andLinux login: prompt but i don't recall setting up a login/password so whats my next step?
01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 12th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
I find myself wondering if you have read the F.A.Q or browsed the forums and wiki at the andLinux site.

the faq didn't answer the question i had, it doesn't mention anything about having to open first the one program then the other and that was what my problem was, i was unaware of a wiki forum for andLinux so no i haven't browsed through that.
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 13th comment:
The next step for what? That's it, you have it installed and running.
01 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 14th comment:
I agree Chriss, Andlinux is so simple, start the application, point it to an install area, allocate ram, make run as service and install, on first run accept the networking stuff to allow the tap connection and that's all there is to it. Unless you have AV then you need to add an exception for the .drv files.

Also you need to have 32bit windows only, not 64 and i got no idea on vista as that could be a whole other world of trouble. I will wait for service pack 25 before i change to vista. Like one the Mac ads, i have upgraded to an older more familiar windows experience.
01 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 15th comment:
Igabod said:
ok now i've got the andLinux login: prompt but i don't recall setting up a login/password so whats my next step?

Now you can start applications, you don't need to login, that is all done automatically with a default user.
01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 16th comment:
ok in the cooperative linux console it says andLinux login: and whenever i type anything it says password. do i need to open one of the other things i got with it to be able to do anything or what?
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 17th comment:
andLinux Forum
There is the quick answer to all of your questions.
01 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 18th comment:
Did you re
Igabod said:
ok in the cooperative linux console it says andLinux login: and whenever i type anything it says password. do i need to open one of the other things i got with it to be able to do anything or what?

Did you read my last post, YOU DONT LOGIN.

you just start applications from the start menu

Also if you had read the readme, you would know that the login is root password root
01 Oct, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 19th comment:
apparently i did have to login cause once i typed root as the username it showed me the prompt which i was looking for. i looked on the forum and all the topics that dealt with questions i have didn't have any answers (i didn't go past the first page before the_fury posted that last bit about root.) and what is this about starting applications from start menu? i'm just trying to use the command prompt so i can edit some code. you're talking to me like i'm supposed to know what all of this stuff is and it's not that simple for someone who has ABSOLUTELY no linux experience outside using a shell to edit muds, and cygwin which is super simple to me at this point. i'm just trying to learn this the easiest way i can, and combing through pages of forum threads isn't easy at all when you're at work.
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 20th comment:
Instead of logging in using the FLTK or NT console you should just be able to access a list of installed linux programs. If you are using the KDE version it will be in the place on the bottom right where the clock is (I don't know windows very well), the XFCE version has a panel that will appear at the top middle of your screen. You are better off using Konsole or something. You could also use any other text editor instead of being limited to nano/vi/pico or whatever you happen to be using.
0.0/37