26 Sep, 2008, niori wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok, i'm trying to find a link to where I could download the DBNA codebase. I've used google, ask.com, yahoo, and all the other search engines I could think of to try and find it, but none of my attempts were successful. If anyone could help me out by possibly providing a download link, I would appreciate it greatly.
26 Sep, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 2nd comment:
What it's derived from would help a lot.
26 Sep, 2008, niori wrote in the 3rd comment:
it is a SMAUG derived code
26 Sep, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
I also think derived off DBSaga.
26 Sep, 2008, niori wrote in the 5th comment:
yeah, it's a modified DBS codebase, which was modified from SMAUG. i have the DBS 2.5.2 codebase, but i actually prefer the DBNA one. i've found it once before, but that was a couple of years ago, and can't remember where i got it at
26 Sep, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 6th comment:
Are you sure it was willingly released to the public?
26 Sep, 2008, Lobotomy wrote in the 7th comment:
It may very well have been willingly released, depending on the version of the DBNA code you are speaking of. If I'm not mistaken, there was at one point a website dedicated to DBS codebase development that had a selection of various DBSC-variant codebases available for download; a mini repository, if you will. He may be implying that it was at some point hosted for download there; I can't personally attest to it, though, as I don't remember too clearly. :thinking:

Edit: Of course, by saying the website existed "at one point" it has, from what I recall, already long since gone down. I don't know what happened to the code that was hosted there, and whether or not anyone managed to retain copies of some or all of it.
26 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
I don't know how complete it is but I still have a copy of the DBNA codebase unzipped in my archive directory. It used to be hosted on a site called dbsdevelop.com which is no longer online. The license terms that come with it indicate redistribution should be legal so I'll pack that up and upload it shortly.
0.0/8