11 Sep, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
No no no, it's "Ahhh, a snake, a snake, oh no, it's a snake……" And you're missing a "verse", too!
11 Sep, 2008, Tijer wrote in the 42nd comment:
May be good for the mudding community now we dont have an egotistical maniac (AKA Kyndig) running a code respository or mud hosting site.

BUT is a shame to lose a place for discussion all the same.

Ive also downloaded the mudmagic tar file…. this way we can maybe help preserve that which was uploaded there, the more people to have the backups the more chance of keeping it in circulation.
11 Sep, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 43rd comment:
Just don't upload it with Google Chrome!

/sarcasm
11 Sep, 2008, Tijer wrote in the 44th comment:
why whats wrong with google chrome… oh yeah… i remember now hehe :)

they may try to take some of the rights of the code in there right?
11 Sep, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 45th comment:
Actually no. They removed that clause from the EULA for Chrome.
11 Sep, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 46th comment:
Given that the stuff is for all intents and purposes open-source in terms of being able to display it, taking the right to just display it isn't much of a big deal anyhow…
11 Sep, 2008, Conner wrote in the 47th comment:
Tijer said:
May be good for the mudding community now we dont have an egotistical maniac (AKA Kyndig) running a code respository or mud hosting site.

BUT is a shame to lose a place for discussion all the same.

Ive also downloaded the mudmagic tar file…. this way we can maybe help preserve that which was uploaded there, the more people to have the backups the more chance of keeping it in circulation.

That about sums up my sentiments on this one pretty nicely, though I hadn't even visited MM or MR since the whole banning fiasco a couple of years ago anyway (so no real loss to me) except when MR first 're-opened' because someone pointed it out on IMC.

As for the repository, now that I may have a moment today between some of the other projects we've been working on here, I'll see if I can grab a copy from somewhere/someone too just so yet another of us has it on hand as well.

With regard to the Google Chrome comment, joking aside, let's be honest, Google (and most of the other search engines out there, but especially Google since they have a separate code search option) probably already has them all anyway. :wink:
11 Sep, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 48th comment:
So, just out of curiosity, when might we expect to see most of that code added to the repository here?

Also might I suggest that breaking up the individual codebase snippet sections into subfolders might make handling it a bit easier.

I only deal with ROM stuff really, and having ALL of the snippets in one ROM folder seems a bit cumbersome, and with the repository about to astronomically increase in size, I can only imagine what that might be like afterward.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

All of this has me excited to go ahead and chop a few things I've written in my game recently and go ahead and get around to releasing in snippet form.
11 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 49th comment:
There's a lot of stuff in there. You'll need to give us a chance to go through it. :)

I think it goes without saying that the folder structure needs to expand more to fit what's coming in, especially in the ROM folder. I was figuring on simply following whatever folder structure is in the archive itself.
11 Sep, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 50th comment:
I figured it wouldn't be anytime soon because of the volume of the archive, I was more just curious if work had started on it, and if there was even a vague guesstimate along the lines of a couple of weeks, a month, a couple months, etc. :p

I wouldn't expect it to be done in the next few days or anything.

I look forward to seeing the site expand, though, and I look forward to continuing to contribute.
12 Sep, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 51st comment:
And the site appears to be totally down.
12 Sep, 2008, Tijer wrote in the 52nd comment:
Looks like the same person who was supposedly DDoS 'ing it (so kyndig claimed) has started again :P

Anyone wants or needs the download i have it as do many other people here….

Tijer
12 Sep, 2008, mactorg wrote in the 53rd comment:
I have the full archive from that site on mine, I will have it up for a month or so. but it is at http://www.darkemud.com/var-ftp.tgz

it is what I pulled off of the mudrage site.
12 Sep, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 54th comment:
Using the existing folder structure in the archive seems like a good idea.

For example, in SWR alone, there were at least 4 sub-branches in the snippets folder..
12 Sep, 2008, Darva wrote in the 55th comment:
I've got the archive mirrored as well, at http://www.mud.entropic-dreams.com/mudra..., assuming i actually set everything up right for once. ::laughs::
14 Sep, 2008, Vladaar wrote in the 56th comment:
Another mirror is now here it appears

http://mudmagic.com/codes/
14 Sep, 2008, Tijer wrote in the 57th comment:
ya know that is rather amusing…… the code respository being mirrored by mudmagic.com :P
14 Sep, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 58th comment:
The mirror on mudmagic doesn't seem to actually work.
14 Sep, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 59th comment:
Fizban said:
The mirror on mudmagic doesn't seem to actually work.

Not currently, it might just be a teething problem with the code. Wonder if Jalil has any thoughts of resurrecting mud magic back into a community portal site. Having the code back up there might just be a start. LOL, wonder if i have just started a huge rumor.
15 Sep, 2008, Tijer wrote in the 60th comment:
it does work Fizban… sorta!
40.0/120