10 Sep, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok, concider it done, i will post it there now.
10 Sep, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 22nd comment:
No offense, but there's better sites for it by far. I'm not saying I'm adverse to him sending to you, I just think if so it should be forwarded to a lot of other sites as a site named smaugmuds.org isn't going to be very 'inviting' to developers of non-smaug muds. Perhaps if you added the entire repository as a separate download somehow, ie. not only breaking it up into individual files but a package that is all one file that other site owners can download.
10 Sep, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 23rd comment:
Smaugmuds? I thought we would be putting it all up here.
10 Sep, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 24th comment:
That's my suggestion but the wording of Kayle's post made me think he meant to host all the code at smaugmuds.org. I may have been mistaken though.
10 Sep, 2008, ShadowsDawn wrote in the 25th comment:
And looks like Kyndig put up the tar of the repository. It's about 850MB or so. Site says that it will be up until sometime this weekend, so should be plenty of time for anyone to grab it. I'm D/ling it now, so that I can back it up to a safe place as well.
10 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 26th comment:
No, I'm pretty sure he was just asking for it at that address because it has the capacity for mega-upload attachments. But apparently the repository has been linked for download off of the mudrage.com page itself now. I'm downloading a copy as I write. But if it's supposed to be 3.5G then something isn't quite right since the link points to something that's only 850MB.
10 Sep, 2008, Asylumius wrote in the 27th comment:
60% done dowloading to the MudBytes server as we speak.
10 Sep, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 28th comment:
Samson said:
No, I'm pretty sure he was just asking for it at that address because it has the capacity for mega-upload attachments. But apparently the repository has been linked for download off of the mudrage.com page itself now. I'm downloading a copy as I write. But if it's supposed to be 3.5G then something isn't quite right since the link points to something that's only 850MB.

Yep, I noticed that as well, I'm 517 MB into it right now.
10 Sep, 2008, Asylumius wrote in the 29th comment:
For anyone interested, here is what we got: http://mudbytes.net/tree.txt
10 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 30th comment:
From what I remember that looks like you managed to get it all.
10 Sep, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 31st comment:
Looks like you got ROM covered, so you got the important files :p
10 Sep, 2008, Sandi wrote in the 32nd comment:
I didn't see any mention of Darkoth's site. I'd love to see that up again. Maybe Dale and Andy would host it for old time's sake; the colors still match TMC.

After all, that's what started the whole thing.

Edit: Sorry, don't mean to sound greedy. I do appreciate Kyndig's putting up the tarball, and am thankful for those who grabbed copies.
11 Sep, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 33rd comment:
Whoa. What the hell!?!

I hope they'll change their mind and at least put up the files for FTP-download if nothing else..

Also, you said you got the SWRs? What all was there? (Snippets, etc)…?

[EDIT]: Never mind. The thing IS available for FTP download, the whole repository. I'll grab it before the site is gone for good..
11 Sep, 2008, Kline wrote in the 34th comment:
Sweet. I love code archives, so many useful (and interesting) things to look at. Bye bye site, but thanks for the single tarball :D

Snagging a copy over to my webhost now so I can toss it on my mirror subdomain just for kicks and then look through it all later :)

Oh, for anybody interested in a "perma-link" (I've got no plans to take my domains down, I use them for too much personal stuff :)
http://mirror.gotr00t.us/uploads/m/mudma...
11 Sep, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 35th comment:
Yep sure looks like everything to me. I'll be keeping my copy on a DVD for several years at least. I hope Mudbytes doesn't close and that server related issues don't take it down without warning, but mudrage more or less made me unwilling to take any chances and to let there ever be a chance of the community suffering a loss of so much useful code again.
11 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 36th comment:
Fizban said:
I hope Mudbytes doesn't close and that server related issues don't take it down without warning, but mudrage more or less made me unwilling to take any chances and to let there ever be a chance of the community suffering a loss of so much useful code again.

Backups backups backups! The more that exist, the better off everyone is. Thus is the danger of any one site establishing a de facto monopoly on things like this. I don't see MudBytes planning to disappear anytime soon, but as you say, unforseen circumstances.
11 Sep, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 37th comment:
While i personally don't have the disk space to put up the whole repository, i am going to see if i can find a few free web hosts to put it all on, don't know how easy it would be to find them, but at least its out there somewhere.
11 Sep, 2008, Lobotomy wrote in the 38th comment:
Perhaps you may want to make use of various sorts of file storing services such as RapidShare and whatnot. It'd require breaking up the 800+ mb file into smaller parts, but at least that way you have a relatively reliable method of hosting the data for others to download.
11 Sep, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 39th comment:
This topic is now the #1 Google result for MudRage, lawl.
11 Sep, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 40th comment:
MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage

AAhhh snake! AAhhh snake!

MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage MudRage
20.0/120