05 Jul, 2008, Thaddeus wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello, I'm very new to mobprogs, and I'm trying to set up a basic program on a mob to automatically generate an item, then give it to the killer, all during death. I've set the DEATH trigger to automatically OLOAD the item, but the option to automatically send it to the person is not there. I am only able to have the mob drop the item in the room, or autoequip it.This is what the code looks like so far:

Vnum: [3401]
Code:
mob oload 3434
act give tail $n
mob echoat $n The rat's tail is salvageable, you remove it and take it with you.

I've gotten the echoat to run fine, and I'm guessing it runs oload, but the give command is what eludes me. If anyone can tell me what syntax I should be using, It's be greatly appreciated!
05 Jul, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 2nd comment:
should just be able to do:
mob oload 3434 
give tail $n
mob echoat $n The rat's tail is salvageable, you remove it and take it with you.
05 Jul, 2008, Thaddeus wrote in the 3rd comment:
Hrm, I tried that, and it still hasn't worked. Something odd I did find was that I looked and the rat tails were laying all over the ground… even though I haven't set the ROOM argument at the end of the oload line. Is it possible it's not finding the target to GIVE the tails too, so it just automatically drops them?
05 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
Check to see that the item is flagged 'take'. If it isn't then it'll simply load in the room instead of on the mob.
05 Jul, 2008, Thaddeus wrote in the 5th comment:
Ah HA! It works! It was a combination of what Davion said and a bit of a syntax area of the GIVE line. My rats are now giving rat tails, and Everything is peachy! A big thanks to both of you for helping, I was surprised to get so much help so quickly. I'll be back the next time something stumps me :P
05 Jul, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 6th comment:
No problem., glad its working for you boss.
05 Jul, 2008, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Just a pointer for the next time, even though you had a couple of folks able to help solve this one right away for you it really helps if you mention which code base you're using too, especially when you're asking about the specific syntax your prog should use. :wink:
06 Jul, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 8th comment:
Or it might also be handy to post within the forum for the specific codebase, but either way, I'm glad you solved your problem.
06 Jul, 2008, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
Yup, that'd have worked too. :lol:
Random Picks
0.0/9