04 Jul, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0

(EDIT: Why did I say 213 years?… I have no idea. Heh. It was 1:30 AM when I first posted it. >.>)
04 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
I'd have liked to see at least a single "we the people"… isn't that what 4th of July is about? :thinking:
04 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
Nice video Zenn, thanks for that. I guess David wasn't watching the same thing I just saw. *shrug*
04 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
I guess that the Youtube link subjectively changes depending on who is watching it. :wink: Please tell me what minute the "we the people" was at because I missed it… I saw lots of 9/11 imagery, lots of modern military, and GBA, lots of flags, but no "we the people". I think it is more important to go to what 7/4 is really about (our constitution, values, history) than to put up flags without really thinking about what all of this means. But maybe I'm just an old fogey…
04 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
Or you could be needlessly attempting to pick a fight for no valid reason. I think it would have been better had you simply not commented if you didn't like what he had to present.
04 Jul, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
I'm with David, Independence Day is about our constitution, values, history; not just flag waving and thanking the troops. Besides aren't we at more like 232 years of Independence?
04 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
Whoa, dude. You need to tune down your Attackometer a little bit. It's not picking a fight to ask for a reference to the constitution or Declaration of Independence on, err, Independence Day, at least not where I come from… :wink: It's just a simple remark that the spirit of the holiday is being moved away from what it used to be about. Not just flag waving without reflection.
04 Jul, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 8th comment:
I'm with David on this one as well…."We the People…(can't rember the rest!)" :D:D
04 Jul, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 9th comment:
Yes, it was 1:30 AM, and I was tired.. with the years.. and.. yeah.

By the way.

…………….

"We the People" is the CONSTITUTION, people!! It doesn't even appear in the Declaration of Independence!

And Independence Day has -nothing- to do -whatsoever- with the Constitution.

Before you start attacking me over it, get your own history straight..
04 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 10th comment:
Zenn said:
"We the People" is the CONSTITUTION, people!! It doesn't even appear in the Declaration of Independence!
Oh gee. I guess it's a good thing that the first thing Kayle and I mentioned was the constitution. :wink:

Zenn said:
And Independence Day has -nothing- to do -whatsoever- with the Constitution.

Err, I think that the Constitution actually is just a wee bit relevant as it is what brought the US into being properly as a united nation. Without it the DoI wouldn't have been all that useful as far as building a nation is concerned. July 4th is about celebrating our history and the founding of our nation; the Constitution seems just a tiny bit relevant to that process. More relevant than hopping up and down painting your house, website, car and dog in red, white and blue. :sad: People seem to be forgetting the history and significance of the original documents, and focusing more on fireworks and the like. :sad:
04 Jul, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 11th comment:
should change the name to Pyro Day in that case.
04 Jul, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 12th comment:
I surrender.

Oh, wait.

That's the French.
04 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
I kind of like the sound of Pyro Day, Kayle. :tongue: I vote for making July 5th Pyro Day, and we get two days off in the process. :wink:
05 Jul, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 14th comment:
I'm all for consecutive holidays. We should run for President/Vice President and make it happen.
05 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 15th comment:
Zenn said:
I surrender.

Oh, wait.

That's the French.

There's not much point in getting drawn into a useless debate Zenn. David just likes to pick fights over trivial issues. The holiday means different things to different people, which is what I thought this nation was all about. Apparently some people think of it as nothing more than a day off of work.
05 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 16th comment:
Pfft. This whole 4th of July stuff means nothing to me when Quebec is turning 400! Go Quebec go!

Oh, wait.

That's the French.
05 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Topic title edited btw. Corrected 213 -> 232
05 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 18th comment:
Samson said:
Apparently some people think of it as nothing more than a day off of work.

Next time I hear you moan and groan about people distorting your words I'll have myself a little chuckle. :lol: Gee, you really need to take a breather sometimes. I'm not sure why you're taking all this so seriously. It was just an off comment, and you're trying to make it into some kind of big attempt at starting a fight.

Davion said:
Pfft. This whole 4th of July stuff means nothing to me when Quebec is turning 400! Go Quebec go!

And still undecided as to whether or not to break away from Canada, no? :wink:
05 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 19th comment:
DavidHaley said:
And still undecided as to whether or not to break away from Canada, no? :wink:

Hey! They're decided. They had a vote and decided to stay. Besides, they just spent eighty million dollars of Canadian tax payers money on their 400th birthday. We paid for them to have Van Halen play at the celebration! Hooray :). Why would they leave when they can just whine and complain and get what ever they want? :P
05 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 20th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Samson said:
Apparently some people think of it as nothing more than a day off of work.

Next time I hear you moan and groan about people distorting your words I'll have myself a little chuckle. :lol: Gee, you really need to take a breather sometimes. I'm not sure why you're taking all this so seriously. It was just an off comment, and you're trying to make it into some kind of big attempt at starting a fight.

Excuse me if I happen to take my patriotism a little more seriously than you and decide to speak up about it. Next time I attempt to exercise the rights they fought for 232 years ago I'll check with you first to make sure I'm not distorting anything.
0.0/23